- Extract colors, images, and icons from PDFs and illustrator files
- Edit and optimize images and icons for the web
- Create responsive site templates
- Write modular, well-organized SASS following the SMACSS methodology and using libraries like Susy and Modular Scale
- Write minimal, progressive enhancements with jQuery
- Use external libraries and customize to implement features like a full 50-state interactive SVG map with data
- Test sites on a variety of browsers and devices and BrowserStack
Lessons Learned: I wanted the site designs to imitate the look and feel of the print designs as closely as possible while also being fully responsive. I learned responsive typography techniques to capture the essence of the print design on different screen sizes and when aspects of print design don't translate well onto the screen. Also, I learned the value of CSS class naming and module organization conventions.